Indianapolis has tons of great attractions but here are our top picks of things to do and see in April!
- Ansel Adams Photo Exhibit at the Eiteljorg Museum- Adam's exhibit is filled with breathtaking black and white landscape photos along with information about this incredibly accomplished photography career. 75 of the late photographer's best photos in this exhibit referred to as "The Museum Set." Included in museum admission. Mar. 1 to Aug. 3: Mon-Sat 10-5, Sun 12-5. Click here for more information on the exhibit.
- Watch an Indianapolis Indians Baseball Game at Victory Field- Cheer on Indy's own minor league team! They have games a few times a week, and who doesn't love warm weather and baseball? Go to their website for more info on pricing and tickets.
- Afternoon Tea at the Indianapolis Propylaeum- This beautiful building hosts a number of monthly events but their afternoon tea is a perfect springtime activity! Enjoy an elegant traditional English Tea with sandwiches, scones and other decadent treats. Tue-Thu, 3-5 PM. $18 ($9 ages 6-12, $6 ages 2-5), plus tax and gratuity. Info here
- The Great Indiana Mic-Off at Morty's Comedy Joint- The best comedians of the Indiana area (and beyond) showcase to see who will be the next winner of The Great Indiana Mic-Off. Mar. 26, Apr. 2, 9, 16 at 8 PM. $5. Info: Call 317-848-5500 for more info
- 'Grape to Glass' Winery Tour at Easley Winery- As one of Indianapolis's most established winery's, a trip to Easley's will never disappoint! An in-depth look at the art of winemaking from harvest to bottling. Every Sat/Sun: Sat 12-5, Sun 12-3 (tours every 15 minutes). No reservations required, but groups of 10+ please call in advance. Click here for their website
- 'Butterfly Kaleidoscope' at White River Gardens- What better to remind you that spring is here than a room filled with butterflies? The popular exhibit returns to the Hilbert Conservatory in 2014 with 40 native and exotic species, plus interactive butterfly building station. Mar. 21 to Sept. 1: Open daily at 9 AM. For more info go to the Indianapolis Zoo websitehere.
- African Drum Ensemble Live at the University of Indianapolis- Featuring a live music performance by the UIndy African Drum Ensemble. Free event on April 23rd in the Ruth Lilly Performance Hall, Christel DeHaan Fine Arts Center.
- 'The Mountaintop' at the Indiana Repertory Theatre-Indianapolis has several great theater's but the IRT is always worth visiting for a play or musical. A gripping re-imagining of events the night before the assassination of civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. On the IRT Upperstage, Apr. 1-27: show times vary by performance date. Click here for more info.